As we begin to gear up for springtime weather in northern Nevada, are you finding your skin to be in less than tip-top shape? Here’s how to add moisture back in easy, natural ways.
You don’t need to be a medical aesthetician to know: Dry, cold climates can often wreak havoc on your body’s largest organ — your skin. These tips from Renown Dermatology, Laser & Skin Care will quickly, naturally put moisture back where it belongs and relieve dry, chapped skin.
Prep Your Skin for Spring with These 11 Moisturizing Tips
- Always wear a broad spectrum sunscreen, even during winter months.
- Don’t forget to use an SPF lip balm, too.
- Heaters dry out your skin. Use a humidifier to keep moisture in the air. (And try these simple tips to make sure you’re keeping that humidifier clean.)
- If your skin is especially dry, try using a nighttime moisturizer during the day.
- Use a hydrating mask or moisturizing mask twice a week.
- Don’t forget your hands and feet. Apply a rich cream to the hands and feet at night and cover them with gloves and socks to restore moisture while you sleep.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Try adding a hydrating serum to your morning and nighttime skin care routine to heal the skin.
- Use a gentle exfoliant to remove dry skin at least once a week. This will also help your skin absorb your moisturizer.
- Apply body oil or lotion in the shower while your skin is still damp to trap in moisture.
- Hot water dries out your skin, so turn down the temperature in the shower and bath.
A little pampering goes a long way. But if you find yourself in need of some extra help as we transition from winter to spring, Renown’s medical aestheticians have special training in skin care and use advanced products and treatments to help your skin look healthy, youthful and rejuvenated.