Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 12 ounces firm tofu, cut into four equal squares, about the size of a deck of cards
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- dash Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup egg-free mayonaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pat dry tofu with paper towel. Evenly season tofu with five spice.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray and then add tofu. Sauté until lightly crusted, about 5 minutes on each side. Chill, dice the tofu and then hold to serve.
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin, ginger and Sriracha in a medium sized bowl.
- Add cubed tofu, red onion, avocado and cucumber to soy mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- In a separate bowl, combine vegan mayo with chili sauce.
- Spoon tofu mixture onto a plate, drizzle on the mayo/chili sauce and garnish with green onions and black pepper.
- Dot with Sriracha hot sauce as desired.