Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 15 ounce cans of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can of low-sodium corn kernels drained and rinsed
- 1 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes juice reserved
- 2 cups pumpkin pureé 1 15-ounce can
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika preferably smoked
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 leaves sage optional
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped (optional, for topping)
- 1 small onion diced (optional, for topping)
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the onions and garlic. Cook until onions are tender.
- Pour in the pumpkin puree and vegetable broth. Mix. Pour in the can of whole tomatoes with the juice.
- Add the kidney beans and corn kernels. Season with the paprika, black pepper and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Use a spatula or mixing spoon to crush the whole tomatoes a bit, keeping them chunky and evenly distributed.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sage leaves. Cook at a low simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and service. Top with cilantro and diced onion if desired.