Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red and green bell pepper both diced
- 1 cup carrots finely diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 small jalapeno minced
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes crushed or stewed
- 1 14-ounce can tomatoes diced
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 strips bacon cooked, crumbled
- 2 medium avocados diced
- Sauté onions and garlic together in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in ground beef (or turkey) to the saucepan and cook just until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Transfer the cooked onions, garlic and meat to your slow cooker.
- Add all the above vegetables and spices (except garnish ingredients) to the slow cooker.
- Give the pot a good stir.
- Set slow cooker to low, cover, and cook for about 6 hours.
- Spoon into individual bowls. Garnish with crumbled bacon and avocado slices.
Adjust jalepeño, cayenne and chili powder to suit your own personal taste.
Courtesy of PaleoNewbie