Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled, diced (4 medium)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Reduced fat sour cream OR plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 pound Lean ground turkey (93-97%)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped (2 stalks)
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, green beans) a quarter cup of each vegetable
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium pot, bring water to boil and add potatoes. Reduce the heat to low to maintain a simmer, and cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until you can easily poke through the potatoes with a fork.
- Drain water from pot. Add chicken broth and Greek yogurt to potatoes and mash. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large sauté pan, add 1 tsp oil and cook the ground turkey, onions and mushrooms over medium high heat, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. About 5-8 minutes.
- Once turkey is cooked, add in celery and garlic until vegetables are tender. About 6 minutes.
- Add the flour, frozen mixed vegetables, chicken broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme and black pepper to the cooked turkey and mix well. Simmer on low about 8-10 minutes.
- Spread the turkey on the bottom of casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, on a cookie sheet as the meat and vegetable mixture may bubble over. Then place under the broiler 1 to 2 minutes until the potatoes turn golden.
- Remove from oven and let it cool 5 minutes before serving.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.
- If you want to keep the carbohydrates low, top it with cauliflower mash instead of potatoes.
- For a vegetarian option, substitute ground turkey for 2 diced Portobello mushrooms.
- Substitute zuchinni or another vegetable in for the carrots, corn, green beans or peas.
| % Daily Value
|Total Fat 5.9 g
|Saturated Fat 1.7g
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
|Trans Fat 0 g
|Cholesterol 43 mg
|Sodium 104 mg
|Potassium 753 mg
|Total Carbohydrate 22 g
|Dietary Fiber 4 g
|Sugars 4 g (0g added sugars)
|Protein 15 g
|| 12 %