Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 2 whole artichokes
- 1 whole leek
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- For the artichokes, wash and cut off the bottom stems and top leaves. Steam artichokes about 20 minutes or until heart is soft.
- Wash leeks, rinsing carefully to remove all dirt, and cut off the bottom and most of the leaves. Cut leeks in half and steam about 5 minutes.
- Wash and cut the bottoms off asparagus. Skewer about 4 asparagus together. To make grilling asparagus easier, try putting them on to wood skewers that have been soaked in water, so the wood doesn't burn.
- Once artichokes are cooled, slice in half. Remove fuzzy chokes and small inner leaves.
- Arrange vegetables on a plate or platter. Brush vegetables with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper. Marinate for 2 hours or more.
- Place vegetables over medium heat and cook, turning each side until grilled, about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from somethingnewfordinner.com