Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut crosswise to fit in skillet (about 3 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large bell peppers, any color, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 12 6-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime wedges (optional)
- In a shallow glass dish, stir together garlic, lime juice and chili powder. Add steak, turn to coat and let stand for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a large nonstick or seasoned cast-iron skillet, warm 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook bell peppers, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add cumin seeds; continue to sauté until bell peppers are lightly browned and tender, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a platter.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add steak and cook, turning once, until browned, about 6 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- Top tortillas with bell peppers and steak. Serve with additional toppings such as sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.