Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 each celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 each jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 cups green or black lentils, cooked
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added fire roasted diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce/puree
- 3 15-ounce cans no-salt-added beans: chose from black, garbanzo, kidney, cannellini , pinto
- 2-4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 medium green zuchini
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 small lime
- Lightly spray non-stick cooking spray onto heated non-stick pan on medium heat. Add onion, celery, peppers and garlic and cook until just lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils, black pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, chipotle and oregano. Continue to cook on medium heat until all seasoning is incorporated.
- Stir in all tomatoes, beans and broth. Add zucchini and squash and then lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Squeeze in lime to taste before serving. Enjoy!