Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 28-ounce can no-salt-added whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 15-ounce-can no-salt-added tomato sauce/puree
- 2 tablespoons dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Gently spray nonstick cooking spray onto heated nonstick pan on medium heat. Add onion, celery, peppers and garlic and cook until just lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add black pepper, granulated garlic and minced parsley. Continue to cook on medium heat until parsley is just wilted.
- Stir in whole peeled tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dry oregano and dry basil. Lower heat to medium-low and let simmer until whole tomatoes begin to break down, about 30 min.
- Cook pasta according to directions in unsalted water, about 10 minutes, then drain.
- Stir fresh chopped basil into sauce just before serving. Enjoy!
For a heartier texture, add two chopped portobello mushroom caps to the sauce.