Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 1 pound turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 small leeks, washed, halved and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large kale leaves, removed from stems and cut into pieces
- 1/2 loaf stale whole-wheat bread, cubed (or store-bought croutons)
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups low- or no-salt-added chicken or vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking dish with oil.
- Cut all the vegetables.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the turkey, seasonings and brown.
- Add squash, leeks, salt and pepper to pan.
- Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Whisk the egg and broth together.
- Add to bread and stir together.
- Add bread to pan and stir.
- Add all the ingredients to the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Adapted from greatist.com