Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups loosely packed spring greens
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1/2 medium lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- 8 slices turkey bacon or regular bacon
- 1 cup diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon diced green chiles optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Soak the cashews in 1/2 cup water at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
- Drain the cashews, add 1/2 cup fresh water and blend with an immersion stick blender or food processor until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add the spring greens, red onion and lime juice and saute for approximately 5 minutes, until greens are wilted and onions are softened.
- Remove the greens from from the heat and use a fork and knife to dice them into smaller pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl: cashew cream, bacon crumbles, diced wilted greens, eggs, tomatoes, green chilies and spices.
- Use nonstick spray on a 9 inch pie pan, then pour in the quiche batter.
- Bake for 4 minutes or until eggs are set and not jiggly.
- Garnish with cilantro, sliced avocado, and/or Greek yogurt (optional).