Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added black beans or pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 tablespoons homemade (or store-bought) pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch black pepper
- Homemade Pico de Gallo
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 16-20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup loose cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teapoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly brush lime juice on corn tortillas and place in the oven on a baking sheet. Bake just until crisp, about 8 minutes, flipping tortillas over after about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow tortillas to cool and harden.
- Pulse all pico de gallo ingredients in a food processor to desired consistency.
- Lightly spray nonstick oil to a medium-sized nonstick pan on stove top over low heat. Add jalapeno and red onion and sauté just until soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to the pan. Add cumin, chili powder and pepper to taste.
- Layer beans, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, green onion, avocado, corn and pico de gallo onto corn tortilla and enjoy.