Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 large pear chopped
- 1 large apple chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing or more or less
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or more or less
- Lay bacon strips down on a folded paper towel on a microwave-safe plate, then cover with another folded paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute then rotate the plate 1/4 turn and microwave for 30 more seconds. Continue rotating and cooking in 30 second increments until the bacon is crisp, then let cool and dice.
- Add cooled bacon, romaine lettuce, pear, apple, walnuts, dried cranberries, and feta cheese into a very large bowl, then add salad dressing and balsamic vinegar to taste. Toss well and serve immediately.