March is National Nutrition Month®. Join us in celebrating the importance of food and nutrition. Renown’s Manager of Nutrition Services, Nicole Bustamante, has lots of ways you and your family can celebrate food during March (and all year long!)
Good nutrition doesn’t have to be restrictive or overwhelming. Small goals and changes can have a cumulative effect and every step is a step in the right direction.
From supporting local vendors at farmers markets to helping others with our Food Bank Food Drive, we encourage you to participate.
What’s Happening During Nutrition Month
Local vendors from Nevada Grown will be joining us for a farmers market featuring local produce and products. Stop by with your reusable bags and be ready for fresh seasonal foods.
Volunteer Your Time: Everyone can make a difference! Donate your time to help our community. Sign up to volunteer and help feed others with any of our community partners:
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada warehouse
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northern Nevada
- Urban Roots Reno
Other Ways to Make Good Nutrition a Priority All Year
- Host a healthy potluck at your work or church.
- Make a goal to eat at least five fruits and vegetables every day.
- Make a goal to increase your physical activity to reach the recommended 150 minutes per week.