Renown Regional Medical Center and Renown South Meadows are the only two hospitals in Nevada that have received the ‘Pathway to Excellence’ designation. What does this mean? Read on.
Renown Health believes that when the nursing team is on a pathway to excellence, their patients are on a pathway to healing.
This is why Renown Regional Medical Center and Renown South Meadows have sought and earned the highly coveted Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). These are the only two hospitals in the state of Nevada with this designation.
This credential recognizes the organization’s commitment to nursing excellence, safety and also a positive work environment, all of which contribute to the quality of care and experience provided for patients.
What ‘Pathway to Excellence’ Means at Renown
The leadership at Renown recognizes that nurses are central to the mission of providing outstanding care; therefore, they believe it is essential to support them as best as possible. This includes:
- Valuing inter-professional teamwork and involving nurses in decision-making processes.
- A leadership team that is available to serve others — to be accessible and effective resources for the nursing staff.
- A commitment to following processes that will protect the safety of nurses, staff and patients.
- A focus on the importance of self-care, work-life balance and also giving back to the community.
- A belief in the importance of professional advancement opportunities by providing ongoing education, guidance and mentorship for nurses.
- An ongoing commitment to improving the quality of patient care.
Earning the designation is rigorous and requires months of documentation. Furthermore, every facility has to resubmit every three years, and Renown is currently applying as a Pathway to Excellence program for the third time. The survey process is expected to begin in December 2018.