Renown Health now welcomes patients to bring one healthy adult “patient supporter” with them to their medical visit, surgery, birthing or hospital stay. Here’s what you need to know before you bring a supporter along with you.
What is a Patient Supporter?
If you’re not familiar with the term, a patient supporter is a family member or friend who can offer support and encouragement to aid in the healing process by serving as an integral member of the healthcare team.
Patient Supporter Guidelines
If you come to Renown for a medical visit, surgery, birthing or hospital stay, you’ll be asked to identify one healthy adult patient supporter (over 18 years old) who may accompany you.
Designated supporters can visit their patient as they request, and between the hours of:
- Renown Children’s Hospital: Open access. (Two parents and/or guardians may be designated as supporters, due to current space constraints, we ask that they visit one at a time).
- Renown Regional Medical Center and Renown South Meadows Medical Center: 3 to 8 p.m.
- Renown Rehabilitation Hospital: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Renown Medical Group locations: Supporters may accompany their loved one at the time of their appointment for primary, urgent or specialty care and diagnostic appointments.
What We’re Doing to Safeguard the Health of Everyone Who Comes through Our Doors
Don’t delay care you or your loved ones need. Extra procedures are in place to ensure our hospitals and all Renown locations are safe for everyone who comes through our doors.
More details on our safety measures in place:
- Everyone entering a Renown location must bring and wear a mask or face covering.
- Everyone goes through designated entrances so we can screen for respiratory symptoms. When you enter one of our emergency departments and hospitals, we will also take temperatures using an infrared thermometer that scans your forehead.
- We practice six-foot physical distancing. There are stickers on the floors and other visual reminders in public reception areas, elevators, shops and cafeterias to help remind everyone.
- Patients and their supporters at our Renown Medical Group, lab, imaging and other specialty care offices are screened by phone before their appointment.
- Patients are encouraged to complete paperwork prior to their appointment, wait in their car until it is time for their appointment and complete contact-less payment.
- Providers wash their hands and wear personal protective equipment including masks and gloves.
- Any patients with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 receive care in a separate area.
- Our team cleans and sanitizes all equipment and rooms before patients enter, and they performs extra cleaning and disinfection on high-touch, public surface areas.
If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, we are available 24/7 to help you assess your symptoms and guide you to the appropriate place of care. Please call 775-982-5000 to access our free respiratory health screening line.
RELATED: Resuming Your Doctor Appointments