Renown patients with iPhones can now access MyChart info using the Apple Health app. With this new resource, medical records are just a secure click away.
Keeping track of our medical information is an important part of overall health. That is why Renown established MyChart, an online patient portal and app to help patients manage their care.
Now, MyChart is bringing together Renown’s services with the existing Apple Health app to make it easy for patients to see their available medical data from multiple providers whenever they choose.
With the Health Records feature on Apple Health, patients will have medical information from participating institutions organized into one view on their iPhones — covering allergies, conditions, immunizations, lab results, medications, procedures and vitals. Users also can receive notifications when healthcare professionals update their data. Health Records data is encrypted and protected with the user’s iPhone passcode, Touch ID or Face ID.
Accessing Health Records on iPhones
If you have a MyChart account, all you have to do is sign into that account on the Health Records section of the Apple Health app.
- Open the Apple Health app on your iPhone.
- Go to Health Data and then Health Records.
- Click “get started” and make sure your geographic settings are on allowing your phone to find “Renown Health.”
- Select “Renown Health,” and when the app directs you to the MyChart portal, sign in as you normally would.
- Review what information will be shared with the app before selecting to allow access.
- Return to the app, where your MyChart health records will begin to appear.
Don’t Have MyChart Yet? Sign Up!
With MyChart, you can quickly access your Renown medical record information including:
- View past and upcoming appointments
- Schedule appointments
- Securely message your care team
- View test and lab results
- Review prescriptions and request refills
- View allergies, medical history and a summary of care document
To get started with MyChart, you just need a single visit at a Renown facility. Visit renown.org/MyChart or download the mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play to create an account.
If you have any questions about MyChart, please contact the customer service team at 775-982-2781.
Other Ways to Request Medical Records
When you login to the MyChart website, you can fill out a request for your medical records. You can request a PDF be sent within MyChart or a physical copy sent to another medical office.
If you do not have a MyChart account and would like to request your records from Renown Health, please visit renown.org/MedicalRecords.