Since early March, Renown Health has accepted donations from our community to help our care providers and staff continue their important work. From face masks to surgical caps, there have been so many generous donations. Check out how you can continue to support our healthcare heroes.
Our community has donated approximately 80,000 items since the start of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Handcrafted masks, surgical caps, gloves, N-95 masks, isolation gowns and so much more have all gone to protecting our healthcare heroes at Renown Health.
Donations Help Our Healthcare Heroes
Although businesses are reopening and life may feel like it’s going back to “normal” in some ways, the pandemic is not over. Our hard-working healthcare heroes still go to work everyday providing quality care for everyone who walks through our doors. They’re working even harder than ever to ensure our locations are clean and safe for all your visits.
Erica Logsdon is a critical care technician who works in an intensive care unit (ICU) at Renown where she helps care for patients with coronavirus (COVID-19). Many of the donations gifted by the community such as N-95 masks, surgical caps and isolation gowns protect her and her fellow team members on the unit.
“80,000 donations is so impressive – I had no idea,” she said. “I feel so good knowing I live in a community that donated so much to help our healthcare workers.”
“These donations really do make an impact on our ability to provide safe patient care.”
How You Can Continue to Help
Know how to sew a mask? Have unused N-95 masks at your house? There are so many ways – both big and small – that you can help our healthcare heroes!
Here are the donation items we are currently accepting:
- Unused N95 respirators and surgical masks
- Unopened disposable gloves
- Unopened containers of hand sanitizer
- Packaged, unused protective goggles
- Unopened containers of disinfectants and disinfecting wipes
- Financial donations
- Handcrafted personal protective equipment (PPE):
- Masks: Handcrafted masks are used as N-95 mask covers to help preserve and protect our current supply of N-95 masks. All patterns and cotton or cotton-blends are welcome. There’s also a Renown-approved pattern and instructions to help you get started.
- Surgical caps: The pattern we are using for community-crafted surgical caps can be found here.
- Isolation gowns: For community crafted isolation gowns, please use the Renown-approved pattern.
All handcrafted PPE is laundered and sanitized before it’s distributed to our healthcare workers.
Donations are incredible forms of love and support from our neighbors, our family and our communities. From all of us at Renown Health, thank you.