Here is a recipe for easy homemade slime that is sure to win over any child’s playful spirit, and help you keep your little one happily preoccupied.
Using some ingredients that you have within the comforts of your home or a simple click of an online store. You can make slime with glue and baking soda along with a couple more ingredients you may have around the house.
Homemade Slime Ingredients
- 1 4-6 oz bottle of white liquid all-purpose glue or washable school glue
- 1/2 teaspoon Arm & Hammer baking soda
- 1½ tablespoon buffered or multipurpose contact lens solution
- Optional: few drops of liquid food coloring to give your slime color
- Optional: Add 2 tbsp up to 1/2 cup warm water to make your slime stretchier and oozier.
- Pour the glue into a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl or measuring cup, add the baking soda, contact lens solution and food coloring, if you are using it.
- Combine the baking soda solution with the glue and mix with a spoon or with your hands. The slime will be quite sticky at first, but will get less so with additional kneading.
- Adjust the texture to your preference by adding a pinch more baking soda for firmer slime and a bit more water for oozier slime.
- For step by step video click here.