What can you mix with your hands and is made in a wide range of colors? Playdough! Even though play dough can be purchased from a store, it’s a fun and easy activity to enjoy with your little ones. It is also an excellent learning activity for creativity, imagination and fine motor skills.
Keeping kids entertained while we shelter in place during COVID-19 (coronavirus) can be tough. Below is a simple recipe that you and your children will enjoy squeezing, squishing and rolling. You only need five basic household ingredients for hours of entertainment, as well as, a learning experience for your child.
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cups salt
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 4-5 drops of food coloring
- Cookie cutters (for different shapes) optional
Play dough Instructions
- Mix flour and salt into one bowl and set aside
- Place 1/4 cup of warm water into 4 bowls
- Add 4-5 drops of food color to each bowl of water
- Use 1/2 tbsp of oil in each bowl
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bowl and mix together
- Sprinkle some flour to your working space when kneeding the playdough.
For step by step video click here.