Renown Health President and CEO, Tony Slonim, M.D., Dr.PH., FACHE, recognizes veterans and their invaluable service and sacrifice to our country. Here he shares Renown Health’s commitment to supporting employees who serve.
Every November, Veterans Day serves as an important reminder to pause and honor the men and women who have served our country. At Renown, we make it a priority to also express our gratitude all year by providing opportunities for service members and veterans to have fulfilling careers at home, in Nevada. These opportunities include:
- Employing more than 150 active military and veterans. Our recruiters recognize the valuable skills veterans learn while serving our nation. They also recognize the countless ways they can apply those talents to serve our patients and community.
- Supporting 35 employee deployments since 2008. Renown Health provides administrative assistance in the pre-deployment process. Our team also makes a point to stay in touch with our deployed employees and their families.
- Recognizing our National Guard and Reserve employees in staff publications.
- Partnering with the Army’s Partnership for Youth Success Program (PaYS) to help those who serve our country prepare for their futures.
- Working together with the Reno VA to understand and address veterans’ unique health and wellness needs.
Renown Recognized for Honoring Veterans
In 2017, Renown Health was humbled to receive the Secretary of Defense’s Employer Support Freedom Award, the highest honor given to employers who support employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve. We were thrilled to receive recognition for our efforts to honor active military and veterans. But even more importantly, we are proud to make a difference in lives of those who have served.
Dr. Anthony Slonim is an innovator and proven leader in healthcare on both the regional and national levels. During his notable career at major healthcare organizations and academic institutions, Dr. Slonim has developed a national profile as an expert in patient safety, accountable care, healthcare quality and innovative care delivery models focused on improving health within the community. For more Healthy Perspectives, follow Dr. Slonim on Twitter.