Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 6 ounces croutons optional
- 3 eggs hard-boiled and diced
- 1/4 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup Splenda or other sugar substitute optional
- Mix spinach, eggs, bacon and croutons together.
- For the dressing, mix together onion, sugar substitute (optional) celery seed, vinegar and oil.
- Pour salad dressing over salad to taste. Extra dressing will keep well if refrigerated.
Add extra hard-boiled eggs or another choice of protein to make this salad into a hearty and healthy meal!
Recipe adapted from Genius Kitchen.