Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins, all visible fat discarded Or, 1 pound ground white meat chicken or turkey
- 1 medium onion Finely chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper Chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced Or, 1 teaspoon jarred, minced garlic
- 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans 15.5 ounce canned, no-salt-added or low-sodium beans, drained and rinsed Mix or match pinto, red, kidney or navy
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder Optional
- jalapeno Optional
- fresh cilantro Optional
- 1/2 cup lowfat or fat-free sour cream Optional
- Remove visible fat from chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Spray large pot with cooking spray. Add chicken, onion, garlic, chili powder (optional) or jalapeno (optional), cooking over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink, about seven minutes.
- Lightly mash the drained, rinsed beans with a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients to cook chicken mixture and simmer on high for 10 minutes.
- Spoon chili into bowls and top with chopped fresh cilantro and/or a dollop of sour cream (optional).
Recipe from the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart Program.