Search Recipes by Course or Cuisine!
- 2 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach, washed and pat dry
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- canola oil nonstick spray
- Lightly spray canola pan spray into a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached (about 15 minutes), then add balsamic vinegar and turn chicken to coat.
- Meanwhile, toss together the red and green onion, apple, tomatoes, strawberries and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Increase heat to balsamic vinegar until it just begins to thicken. Then, add the stone-ground mustard to the vinegar and combine.
- Layer spinach, vegetable/fruit mixture, lentils and sliced chicken and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Lightly spoon vinegar/mustard mixture over salad and enjpy.
Recipe created by Renown Health Chef Chris Wyatt.