11 Tips for Soft, Healthy Skin
Protect and rejuvenate your skin during the winter months.
The dry climate in northern Nevada can start to take a toll on your skin. Kim Bunsness, medical aesthetician with Renown Cosmetic Laser & Skin Care offers these simple tips to put moisture back into your skin and relieve dry, chapped skin:
- Always wear a broad spectrum sunscreen, even during winter months.
- Don’t forget to use an SPF lip balm, too.
- Heaters dry out your skin. Use a humidifier to keep moisture in the air.
- If your skin is especially dry, try using a nighttime moisturizer during the day.
- Use a hydrating mask or moisturizing mask twice a week.
- Don’t forget your hands and feet. Apply a rich cream to the hands and feet at night and cover them with gloves and socks to restore moisture while you sleep.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Try adding a hydrating serum to your morning and nighttime skin care routine to heal the skin.
- Use a gentle exfoliant to remove dry skin at least once a week. This will also help your skin absorb your moisturizer.
- Apply body oil or lotion in the shower while your skin is still damp to trap in moisture.
- Hot water dries out your skin, so turn down the temperature in the shower and bath.
A little pampering goes a long way. Check out these monthly specials to keep your skin glowing year round.
Enjoy the article you just read?
Subscribe to get a weekly roundup of hand-picked articles delivered directly to your inbox.