A Moment of Reflection and Healing

Our hearts go out to the victims and their families following the death of C. Garo Gholdoian, MD, and critical injuries to Christine Lajeunesse, MD, and Shawntae Spears, a visitor at the practice. We applaud the strength of the entire Urology Nevada group and support them on their difficult road to recovery.

Colleagues and friends — Peter Lim, MD, FACOG, Medical Director Gynecologic Oncology at Renown Institute for Cancer; and John Freeman, MD, Urology Nevada — offer an intimate portrait of Dr. Gholdoian through memories, anecdotes, and expressions of love and gratitude for the person he was. We encourage you to view and share this video in honor of this dedicated father, devoted husband and talented physician who left us far too soon.

Support for the Families

Funds have been established in support of the families affected by these tragic events. Contributions can be made at any Wells Fargo branch or online through Wells Fargo online banking.

• The “December 17 Patient Support Fund” – account #3345174621 – will benefit Shawntae Spears and Christine Lajeunesse, MD, and their families as they recover.
  • The “Dr. Gholdoian Memorial Fund” – account #3345174613 – will benefit charitable causes chosen by the Gholdoian family.

For questions, contact Jenna Moffat, Renown Health Foundation, at 775-982-5361.

12 Responses to “A Moment of Reflection and Healing”

1. Sue Cacibauda, RN says:

Thank you Drs. Lim and Freeman for sharing the video and your relationship with Dr. G. We are all deeply touched by this tragic event. May the love and support from Renown colleagues and friends be a comfort to you as well as the Gholdoian family as each of us grieve this loss. Prayers continue for all affected by this.
    Blessings to you, the entire staff and families at the Urology office. Let us focus our attention on the positive memories and good that Dr. G. role modeled for others and live this in his memory.

2. Gretchen Eykelbosh says:

Our family is thinking about your family. We are feeling emotional about your loss and hope that in the coming months and years, you can gain some peace….

3. Jessica Lambert says:

What a wonderful way to memorialize Dr Gholdoian. Dr. Freeman and Dr. Lim, thank you for your courage in making this special video to remember Dr. G. He was infact a special man. So positive and a man who spoke of his family often. May God bless his family at this time to understand the whys and to find peace and solice at such a critical time.

4. Leslie Brown says:

We are so sorry for your loss and suffering. May God bless you and your loved ones.

5. Kris Ball, RN says:

So sorry for the loss of your friend and colleague…prayers to the family and friends during this very difficult time!

6. Veronica Brandenburg says:

Dr. G was such a wonderful human being. I was blessed with the opportunity to have worked with him and Dr. L at Urology NV. I cannot fully express my grief, I’m still having a hard time excepting this happened. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, as well as to Dr. L, and Ms. Spears. I pray you both have a fast recovery physically, and that God helps you with mental healing.

7. Melissa Pick says:

What a touching tribute. Thank you for sharing!

8. Janice and Hans Marecek says:

We are shocked and saddened by the loss of Dr. Goldoian, words cannot express our deep feelings. He was instrumental in saving Hans from any more metastisas. He was so open and easy to talk to. He explained every thing that was going to happened. The procedure went perfectly, and his PSA number became perfect 0.4.

9. Tedra Cook says:

My heart is so very sad. There are really no words that can comfort after such a horrific event. However, my memory of Dr. Gholdoian is that he healed the man I love and made his world and mine a much better place!! My thanks are never-ending for Dr. Gholdoian’s skill.

As time slowly goes by, may it eventually bring his family and friends only happy memories.

10. I had the honor to have worked along side with Dr. Gholdoian at Renown surgery. He was not only a great person but he was great surgeon. He took great pride & care of his patients. I should know, I am also one of them.he would ask me how I was doing every time he saw me at work. Now that’s a SPECIAL PERSON!!!

11. Jeremy Espil says:

I didn’t know Dr Gholdoian personally, My late Mother, who was Dr. Lajeunesse’s nurse spoke very highly of him. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Physicians, Staff and families of Urology of Nevada. My condolences to Dr. Paul and her children.

12. Marilyn Brainard says:

Thank you for sharing this thoughtful, memorial to the victims, especially Dr.Gholdoian.
    It is so disturbing when a dedicated professional is lost so early in his medical career.
    My thoughts and best wishes to his family, in particular.
    We must find a way to deter unstable individuals who see themselves as victims.