Did you make a New Year’s resolution? Many people like to start the new year by making some positive changes in their lives, including resolving to lead a healthier life. If you are pregnant or nursing, what are some of the breastfeeding resolutions that you can make?
Here are a few suggestions:
- If you are pregnant, research the benefits of breastfeeding; talk to friends, your doctor or a lactation consultant.
- If you are already breastfeeding, think about breastfeeding longer than you had planned.
- Find help if you need it. Breastfeeding isn’t always easy, but there is help. Call your doctor or a lactation consultant to answer your questions. Consider joining a support group or class.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of fluids.
- Get a little exercise. Just 30 minutes a day can have major health benefits.
- Lose weight in a healthy way.
- Commit to sleeping when your baby sleeps. Being rested is important and often overlooked as a necessity by new moms.